What to visit in Corfu
Corfu is renowned for fantastic beaches. Visit the page Corfu beaches for photos and maps. For the rest, these are the recommended places:
– The Achilles palace located in the village of Gasturi
– The resort’ “Bella Vista” above of Paleocastritsa, considered the best panoramic view in Europe
– The castles: Gardichi, Cassiopi and Angelocastro.
– The villages of Perithia Sinies, They are located in the northern part of the island, with the stone houses in the mountains.
– The old town with the shops and bars.
– The nearby islands, an excursion.
For those who want to see an unforgettable sunset travel to the north of the island Afionas. Afionas is a little village wrought by tourists. After parking, follow the signs or ask for “Sun Set” There will be benches to welcome you on an unforgettable view.
Immediately afterwards we recommend a dinner in a local Taverna also in Afionas where you will find traditional Corfu cuisine in a family-run environment.. Warning available rooms overlooking this magnificent place.
One of the way to explore Corfu is by scooter or quad
BestCorfu.com can help you with your ferry, accommodation and rentals.
To get an idea on the island read the page information on Corfu
Location’ in Corfu
Aghios Georgios North
St George South